Hi-Spec 20 Piece Metric Tap and Die Set. DIY Tapered & Plug Hand Tapping, Cutting, Threading, Forming, Chasing Kit for Home DIY, The Garage & Workshop
CLEAN CUT RESULTS
Start straightforward DIY hand tapping, threading, and chasing with the Hi-Spec 20 Piece Metric Tap and Die Tool Set. Cut new material or chase worn out threads and recover old screws, rusty nuts and bolts, and spark plugs. Complete in a tool box tray case.
- Revamp and clean up old, broken and damaged threads
- Popular metric sizes to cut internal and external threads in a cinch
- Tap and thread carbon alloy steel, cast iron, aluminum, brass and bronze
Made of GCr15 Alloy steel (a high carbon chromium bearing steel), these taps and dies have high hardness, high contact fatigue performance, and good wear and corrosion resistance.
9 taps of the most popular thread sizes and pitches of three and four flute tapered and plugged taps
9 dies of the most popular thread sizes and pitches with coarse and fine threads
Zinc alloy bodies with adjustable fittings and A3 Carbon steel handles with knurled milling non-slip grips for extra turning strength.
Tap Wrench Handle
Die Wrench Handle
The Hi-Spec DIY Tools Range
For DIY home improvement and maintenance projects, the right tools save valuable time and costs. The Hi-Spec DIY Tools range is for all people looking for a combination of easy usability and great value. Whether repairing, decorating, remodeling or crafting, Hi-Spec is committed to offering quality and affordable DIY tools that encompass an entire scope of hand tools, power tools and toolkit sets
|61 Piece Screw Driver Bits & Ratchet Handles Set||101 Piece Screw Driver Bits & Ratchet Handle Set. Tamper-Proof Security Types||108 Piece Driver Bits, Sockets & Handles Set||128 Piece Screw Bits & Nut Driver Tool Kit Set||6 Piece Manual Hand Impact Driver Set||20 Piece Metric Tap and Die Set|
|Dedicated Ratcheting Screw Bit Handle||✓||✓||✓|
- TAPPING & CUTTING: Start tapping easily, either cutting new material or chasing lightly damaged threads e.g. old screws, spark plugs, rust affected nuts and bolts with the Hi-Spec Tap and Die Set. Straightforward DIY hand tapping, threading, and chasing with clean-cut results at home, the garage or workshop
- THREADING/FORMING & CHASING: Clean up old, broken and damaged threads with The Hi-Spec Tap and Die Set. The taps cut internal threads and dies cut external thread with their coarse and fine threads. Use these cutting tools with cutting oils for the quickest and most efficient way of adding a screw thread to a work piece
- METAL RULES: With taps and dies made from GCr15 Alloy steel, a high carbon chromium bearing steel with high hardness, high contact fatigue performance, and good wear and corrosion resistance, the Hi-Spec Tap and Die Set will tap and thread typical metals such as carbon alloy steel, cast iron, aluminium, brass and bronze
- 18 PIECE METRIC TAP & DIES: Most popular thread sizes and pitches of three and four flute tapered and plugged taps, and dies. 9 x Metric Taps: M3 to M12. 1 x NPT tap (1/8-27). 9 x Metric Dies: M3 to M12. 1 x NPT die (1/8-27)
- ACCESSORIES & STORAGE CASE: 2 x Tap and Die Wrench handles with steel alloy bodies and adjustable fittings for turning the taps and dies. Items are neatly organised in a slimline case for easy access and packing in a tool box or storage on a shelf